COD WITH OLIVES
1 pound of cod – $6.00
1 bell pepper $0.90
1 onion – $0.60
1 handful of Spanish Olives. A jar is about – $2.00
1 tables spoon of capers. a jar is about – $3.00
1 clove of garlic – $0.10
1 teaspoon powder turmeric. A 2oz bottle is about – $1.00
1. Get your piece or pieces of cod and pat it dry on a towel.
2. Grab a pan and set it on a medium heat. Put your oil of choice, I used a tablespoon of grapeseed oil. Olive oil will work fine as well.
3. Then cut your onions and peppers into long strips.
4. Chop the garlic.
5. Once the pan is warm drop the onions, pepper, and garlic into the pan.
6. Stir them for about 2 minutes or until they get soft and aromatic.
7. At this point, you can sprinkle a teaspoon of turmeric into the pan.
8. Then place the cod inside the pan and cover with a lid. Set the heat to a medium-low.
9. We want for the cod to steam and soften up. Make sure to flip the cod every 2 minutes until it is flaky.
10. After 6 minutes or so, drop your olives and caper into the mix.