HOMEMADE DILL PICKLES
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1 1/2 teaspoons black peppercorns
8 mini cucumbers
3/4 cup coconut vinegar
1 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons garlic oil
1. Divide dill and peppercorns between the mason jars evenly. This recipe will fill 1 quart and 1 pint mason jar, but you can use 3 pints if that's what you have.
2. Rinse and slice the cucumbers into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Place in jars, filling them, but not packing too tight.
3. In a small sauce pan heat the vinegar, water, salt, and garlic oil over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Stir it to help the salt dissolve.
4. Take it off the heat and pour it evenly into the jars, making sure all the cucumbers are covered. Let cool to room temperature, then place the lids on and refrigerate.
5. Let sit 1 day for best flavor, but can be eaten within a couple hours.