1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
⅔ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
20 pitted and diced medjol dates
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
⅔ cups organic coconut oil, melted
⅔ cups pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons nutmeg
2 tablespoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Combine all dry ingredients (pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, sea salt) in one of your mixing bowls.
4. Combine wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract)in your other mixing bowl.
5. Incorporate wet to dry ingredients. Once combined, add dates and mix well.
6. Divide your mixture onto the two baking sheets evenly.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Take baking sheets out of the oven, and using your metal spatula, move the granola around to make sure it doesn’t burn.
9. Place baking sheets again into the oven and bake for another 10-12 minutes (keep an eye on it, you don't want it to burn!)
10. Take out of oven and let it cool completely (this is where it gets that crunchy feel)before enjoying.
11. Store your granola in a tightly closed container. Granola will last around 2 weeks.