NO BAKE PROTEIN BALLS
1 cup peanut butter - smooth, 100%. Or use a different nut or seed butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup rolled oats - gluten free
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup protein powder - I recommend vanilla or chocolate flavour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut EXTRA for rolling
1. Place the peanut butter and honey in a large bowl and use a spoon to mix them together a little.
2. Add the oats, 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut and 1/4 cup of the protein powder to the bowl (i.e. only add half of the protein powder to begin with).
3. Using a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula, start combining all of the ingredients together. They should form a slightly sticky dough, with a consistency where it can be rolled into balls. Once the mixture has largely come together, you can test it by rolling a bit into a ball with your hands. If it's too wet, add extra protein powder until it reaches the right consistency.
4. Roll heaped tablespoons of the dough into balls, and then roll in the extra desiccated coconut to coat.
5. Place the balls in the fridge to firm up a little. Leave them stored in the fridge in an airtight container, or alternatively freeze them for a longer life (where they should keep for about 3 months).