SEASONED TURKEY MEATBALLS
2 lbs. ground turkey
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
½ medium sized purple onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely diced
¼ cup almond flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley
Coconut oil (for frying)
1. Prep all ingredients ahead of time.
2. Place skillet under medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
3. Once oil has melted, add onions and cook until translucent (about 3 minutes).
4. Add in red and green bell peppers the skillet (about 3 minutes).
5. Add in garlic and sauté (about 3 minutes).
6. Pour onion/pepper/garlic combination into a mixing bowl and let it cool for a few minutes.
7. In a separate bowl, and using a wooden spoon, combine turkey, eggs, sea salt, black pepper, almond flour and the (already cooled off) onion/pepper/garlic mixture.
8. Line parchment paper on your counter.
9. Grab a handful of your mixture and form little meatballs (1 ½” x 1 ½”); place meatballs neatly on the parchment paper.
10. Place skillet under medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Once oil has melted, place six meatballs in your skillet and cover skillet with a lid. Let meatballs cook for about 4 minutes (bottoms should get golden brown).
11. After one side of the meatballs has cooked for 4 minutes, open the lid and using your tongs, turn meatballs around to let the other side cook (be sure to close the lid again). Cook for another 4 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Repeat steps 10-11 until you’ve cooked all the meatballs.
13. Enjoy meatballs by themselves or accompany them with cauliflower/parsnip mash.