TURKISH CHICKEN THIGHS
3 lbs of bone-in chicken thighs (skin is optional)
1 whole red onion
4-6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
3 – 4 garlic cloves or 1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp of paprika
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of turmeric
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1. Start oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place chicken thighs in a bowl or container.
3. Cut the onion into long strips.
4. Chop the garlic and place it in the bowl with chicken. (skip this step if using garlic powder).
5. Dump all spices on the chicken and squeeze the lemons.
6. Mix all well and make sure all chicken is coated.
7. Add desired salt or pepper at this point.
8. Place seasoned chicken on a rectangular baking sheet and place onion strips on top of chicken.
9. Once the oven is ready, place the chicken inside the oven.
10. Cook for about 30-40 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.