VEGAN POWER BOWL
2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 ½ cups cauliflower florets
1 ½ cups beets, peeled and cubed
2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
1 cara cara orange, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary or thyme (your preference), chopped
8 cups Trader Joe’s herb salad mix (or your choice of greens), lightly packed
8 tablespoons Lemon Citrus Vinaigrette
4 tablespoons roasted and salted cashews, chopped
1. Prep ingredients ahead of time.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, arranging one rack in the middle and one rack at the bottom.
3. Grease two 9 x 13 baking dishes and set aside.
4. Place sweet potatoes and cauliflower in one baking dish, and Brussels sprouts and beets in another baking dish. Drizzle vegetables with melted coconut oil, and season vegetables with sea salt, black pepper and fresh herbs. Situate baking dishes on different racks (one in the middle and one in the bottom) in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Use a spatula to move veggies around halfway.
5. While veggies bake, divide herb salad mix into four salad bowls and drizzle 2 tablespoons of Lemon Citrus Vinaigrette on top. Use your hands to gently massage salad mix to ensure vinaigrette coats all leaves evenly. Set aside.
6. Remove from oven and let veggies cool off slightly.
7. Add desired amount of roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and beets to each salad bowl, decorate with sliced oranges and sprinkle some chopped cashews. Enjoy!