VERY EASY VEGAN BLACK BEAN SOUP
1 can cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
¼ cup red quinoa
¼ cup brown rice
1 medium carrot, diced
1 yellow onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
1 can diced tomatoes with their juices
¼ tsp sea salt
1 lime, juice only
To garnish: avocado slices, fresh parsley (or coriander)
1. Heat the olive oil into a medium soup pot, and add the onion, carrot, celery, cumin, paprika and garlic.
2. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the black beans, quinoa, rice, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to boil over medium heat.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Add the lime juice, season with salt and mix to combine.
6. Divide it into the serving bowls, top with the roasted beans, garnish with avocado and parsley, and serve warm.