Box Jumps & Box Step-ups
HOW TO DO BOX JUMPS
- Begin by standing with feet shoulder width stance.
- Swing arms backwards then forwards while bending at the knees.
- Use momentum to jump off the ground.
- Land with both feet planted on top of the box.
- Stand up tall to complete the movement.
Box jumps are a great exercise for working all parts of your legs and glutes. If done at a fast pace it can also be a great cardio movement that will really get you breathing hard.
This may be a difficult move for some people so we have also included a modification for this movement. This scale would be box step ups. Check out the video.
SOME ADDITIONAL NOTES:
- Standard height for a women's box jump is 20 inches.
- Challenging height for a women's box jump is 24 inches.
- Standard height for a men's box jump is 24 inches.
- Challenging height for a men's box jump is 30 inches.
- Be sure to stay safe and always stay focused on the box. Your shins will thank you.
Kelsea is wearing our Mesh Leggings in this video.