Don't know what pre-workout is? It's a supplement that you drink (most likely) before working out to get a huge energy spike.
In the CVG FB group (15,000+ members) we've been seeing a lot of questions about pre-workout. As a result we decided to make a post with a different perspective on pre-workouts. So here's a list of 5 things that you need to know about pre-workout:
1. There's a bunch of shit in there.The type of shit that no one actually has seen the long term effects of.
2. A LOT of pre workouts get pulled from the shelves for the unsafe trash that's in them.
In fact the majority of the pre workouts that were deemed safe a few years ago are no longer considered safe. If you think that the trash that's out there now won't be pulled in a few years, you're wrong. These companies literally put 1 piece of poison after another into this stuff just to stay ahead of regulations.
3. You don't actually need pre workout to feel motivated.There are better ways to get the energy to get to the gym and throw some weights around. The majority of these things will point towards your diet and sleep routine. The pre workout is only masking other parts of your fitness that are struggling.
4. If you're taking pre workout your workout intensity is probably too low.The last time I took pre workout was my first month of CrossFit. If you take pre workout and are pushing your intensity correctly you will likely want to throw up.
5. Just because everyone else is drinking it does not make it any better.
There was a long period of time when everyone smoked cigarettes. I think we all know how that turned out.
After posting this to our community we received some valuable comments from our amazing members. Here are a few highlights:
See the full post here:
After this post we received a lot questions regarding protein supplements and BCAA's. We will be following up soon with information regarding these topics. Keep an eye out!
Want more like this? You'll love our CVG FB group.